Recently I was asked to present a keynote at Yavapai College in Prescott, AZ. I was both surprised and honored for the invitation, and I immediately accepted. I talk about teaching with technology all the time, so this was a great opportunity to share my insights on the topic. But first I had to narrow my focus, as there is so much to be said today about teaching with technology. Thanks to the help of my colleagues, Lisa Young and Shelley Rodrigo, I was able to come up with my topic of student engagement. One of my goals in this presentation was to try to engage my audience by using some of the same technology tools I would talk about in the keynote. I was able to use Animoto, Wordle, Poll Everywhere, YouTube, Voicethread, and MindMeister. The presentation was recorded and put together by Thatcher Bohrman at Yavapai College. Thanks Thatcher!
Links from the Presentation:
- Animoto: http://animoto.com
- CCSSE: http://www.ccsse.org/
- 2009 CCSSE Executive Summary (PDF)
- Seven Principles of Good Practice: http://www.aahea.org/bulletins/articles/sevenprinciples1987.htm
- Pay Attention - Final Cut (YouTube video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT2E2F0DmyE and http://t4.jordandistrict.org/payattention
- 21st Century Literacies (pdf): http://www.ncte.org/library/NCTEFiles/Resources/PolicyResearch/21stCenturyResearchBrief.pdf
- Wordle: http://www.wordle.net/
- MindMeister: http://www.mindmeister.com/
- Voicethread: http://voicethread.com/share/802220/
- Poll Everywhere: http://www.polleverywhere.com/multiple_choice_polls/NTA2OTgxOTc0
Student Engagement for the 21st Century Learner by Dr. Alisa Cooper is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at freshmancomp.com.